Goodrick Gear Co Ltd was established in 1946 by Henry Goodall. Henry had been foreman at Moss Gear in Birmingham and gear superintendent at Daimler Aero engine factory in Coventry from 1938 to 1946. Shortly afterwards in 1947, he was joined by his son-in-law Geoff Pickerill.
Goodrick Gear started trading from Morville Street in Ladywood and then moved to Watville Road in Smethwick. The company prospered, supplying businesses such as Benfords of Warwick, Park Bros of Blackburn, Aveling Barford of Grantham, GEC and Bellis & Morcom. Larger premises were needed and a move to a custom built factory took place in 1966. The work force grew to 25+ employees.
Laurence Pickerill, son of Geoff joined the firm in 1976 and spent a few years in the early 80’s working in South Africa as a works manager for a large Johannesburg gear manufacturer. In recent years, Goodrick Gear has adapted to the economic changes that are now shaping the British engineering industry.
The company is now smaller and situated near Droitwich Spa. It still focuses on what it does best: Offering gear solutions from concept to manufacture.
If you have any questions or would like a quote, please fill in the form below.